Archiving Saudi Season

No, my Saudi season is not over yet. Final exit might be days, months or even years away. But it feels right to archive all but the most popular articles on this blog and focus on my next project: Rafsworld. Why am I archiving? Simply not enough real readership out there. 147,000 all time page views, 3000 monthly page views but little or no interaction with anyone who regularly reads or just stumbles upon the blog. Actually, I’m not even sure anyone other than Russian bots and my Dad are even reading it. In contrast, our family Instagram and blog seem to be attracting far more real readers, comments and interest.

If there are any genuine, passive readers out there, you can follow my family's ongoing journey on IG or check Rafsworld.com for articles about Saudi lifestyle, family travel and Siargao, Philippines. While I intend to update this blog with real-time quarterly updates, saudi-season.blogspot.com is essentially over as a regularly updated, diary-style blog.

And if any of you are wondering, God answered my prayer. After quite a battle and a threat of resignation being thrown about, my unpaid leave was approved. After three Christmases in the Kingdom, my next one will be under a Philippine sky. Plentiful days under tropical skies surfing and hanging out with friends and family. Definitely a lot more inspiring than collecting a few more riyals!

www.rafsworld.com
www.instagram.com/rafsworldtravel


Comments

  1. Well that is a shame! I've just stumbled on this one and was looking forward to reading about your exploits as I will be doing likewise soon. I note the other links and will check them out although I don't use instagram at all. Best of luck with your continuing adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading the blog. It is a bit of a shame to stop regularly updating Saudi Season, but it just hasn’t got enough real readership to justify ongoing attention. I will, however, be writing regular articles on www.rafsworld.com about Saudi, the Middle East, Philippines and European travels.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts