A Day in the Life of an ESL Teacher in Saudi Arabia


As part of a YouTube series my family and I are doing on our YouTube channel, I filmed this short film "A Day in the Life of an ESL Teacher" about one of my last days teaching in Saudi Arabia. Right now, it feels too familiar and somewhat disturbing, but I hope it'll make me smile in the years ahead when I look back upon my time with less emotion and stress. 

It's definitely worth watching this film if you want to know more about how it feels to teach in Saudi Arabia. While there isn't too much classroom action, you'll still get a feel of a typical day in a KSA school or polytechnic and learn a few tips about what to expect when you're actually in the class.

Comment down below if you like the film and whether it would inspire you to take up an opportunity to work in Arabia or more likely turn it down. 

As for me, I’d rather never go back, especially after my complicated and stressful last few days. When the time comes to work again, I'd really like to remain closer to the Philippines, say Korea or Japan. Two extended seasons in KSA took their toll on my health and it's really time for me to work in a more positive, less money-driven, atmosphere. 

Comments

  1. Interesting to hear your experience...Grew up there in Jeddah. You are giving a teacher's perspective.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts