Gliding Through the Autumn

When the busy summer season ended, I was offered a lot more work than I expected in the first couple of months of the autumn. While it meant bringing the Gerson juices to work, the extra money was more than welcomed with an expensive two years of nutritional therapy in front of me. 

Alongside the work, God delivered some truly magical days of solid northeast swell groomed by offshores. They were surprisingly powerful and the water was warm enough to be sans gloves and boots for now. 

I guess I felt like everything was going as well as possible in October and November: both my wife and I had work; my son Raf had company every day when his cousins came home from school; and the surf was about as good as it gets for Norfolk. 

Sure, the Gerson therapy was tough and super time consuming, but I was managing okay especially with my wife’s efforts in the kitchen. Most of all, I felt pretty good, sometimes really good, and that meant a lot to me. But it’s worth mentioning that fear of recurrence hadn’t left my mind: chronic anxiety and constant skin vigilance took its toll on my body, too. 



Comments

Popular Posts